10 quotes taken from the cover respectively the biography KARL by Paul Sahner, mvgverlag 2015
- My age doesn’t matter. I feel young, one way or the other.
- As a kid, I wanted to become a pastry confectioner. But my mother forbade me due to the following reason: “Out of question, because it makes you fat.”
- Kids make noise and can be disappointing. I give all the children I meet the same advice I got as a child. Either you grow up or you keep quiet.
- It is enough to read the Bunte to know what life is like. After all, these humans occurring there are all fairly disciplined people on an ego trip. They think they are important. But three quarters of these people look the same. You can hardly distinguish them from each other. And they mostly have blond women. These are the victims, because they are changed, before the menopause.
- I don’t have a victim nature, I only consist of selfishness. I am also not thankful for something. Gratitude is a sticky-mediocre feeling.
- Only if you are able to play on words in at least four languages, the conversation is amusing.
- I have nothing to do with customers at all. I am not a boutique salesman.
- I do not need a psychoanalyst. I give interviews.
- Sometimes I make it up to 26 finger rings at once, but then I have to include my thumbs as well.
- Cabinets, cabinets, cabinets with identical things in it, with hundreds of white shirts. That’s the pinnacle of luxury. Twice a day to wear a clean shirt that is wonderfully ironed, and only white underwear, which I usually throw away after a single time. I have an endless choice: white and black socks, black shoes, black pants and suddenly white suits again. I used to wear everything black for 10 years. The suits all look similar too, but now they’re changing black and white more often. My wardrobes are like paper silhouettes.
KARL Lagerfeld stood / stands for himself … there is nothing to add.
In Memoriam KARL